At NICHOLAS AIR, our people are the most important resource. Our growing NICHOLAS AIR family is looking for a Director of Recruiting to join our team and help us find the right people for the right roles. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about aviation, recruiting, and helping people develop successful careers. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the aviation industry to ensure the following recruiting and staffing objectives are achieved: evaluating job candidates, advising hiring managers, managing travel and relocation, and intern programs for each department. This position requires frequent travel and reports directly to Senior Leadership. Apply today if you have a high level of aviation experience and a passion for the recruiting efforts of a growing company.
Recruitment & Training
United States, Remote
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages applicant tracking system and recruiting platform
- Works with schools, universities, and professional associations to develop relationships with potential job candidates
- Travel to industry recruiting events
- Develops and executes candidate pipelines consistent with business trends.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; arranging travel, lodging, and meals, escorting applicants to interviews, and arranging community tours.
- Manages new employee relocation by determining new employee requirements; negotiating with movers; arranging temporary housing; providing community introductions.
- Manages intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Communication Skills
- Interviewing Skills
- Supports Diversity
- Employment Law
- Results Driven
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1-2 years of Corporate Recruiting Experience Preferred
- High Level of Aviation Experience Required
- Subject to pre-employment & random drug testing
- Must pass a background check
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.