NICHOLAS AIR is looking for a full-time Director of Ground Training to join our team with the primary task of working directly between NICHOLAS AIR leadership, the NICHOLAS AIR flight line, and the authorized training centers around the world to maintain the highest standards of professionalism within the NICHOLAS AIR Pilot community. The role ensures that all training programs are in line with the demands of FAA Part 135 requirements and that all record-keeping and regulatory elements are in good order. This role reports directly to the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot.
Recruitment & Training
This role is NOT remote at this time. The Director of Training position is based in the Dallas, Texas area and requires occasional travel to NICHOLAS AIR Corporate Headquarters and other Part 142 Training Centers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually oversee all elements of the NICHOLAS AIR Training Program to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Work directly with the Authorized Training Schools to schedule and oversee all required NICHOLAS AIR training events
- Work directly with Senior Leadership to comply with, amend, and modify NICHOLAS AIR’s FAA-approved training program.
- Work in coordination with Chief Pilot and Director of Operations to oversee the ground training portion of the NICHOLAS AIR Pilot program
- Work in collaboration with Flight Operations and Scheduling teams to schedule required check rides
- Maintain all data compliance requirements and keep accurate records of all pertinent information for Pilots, including but not limited to: training dates, required check rides, type rating information, current Pilot times and qualification, medical certificate expiration, and passport expiration
Education & Experience
- Required 3-5 years of aviation experience, preferably within a regulatory or compliance setting
- Competitive candidates will have prior experience within a Pilot training environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- An FAA-issued Pilot certificate is preferred
- Competitive candidates will be quick learners, have experience working directly with top leadership, and be comfortable presenting to groups
Qualifications & Requirements
- This position is required to report daily to the Dallas, TX CAE Training Center
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Must pass a background check
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.