NICHOLAS AIR pilots are not just superior aviators, enjoying the excitement of new and unique destinations every day, they are also required to deliver premier customer service to a small, refined group of Members. NICHOLAS AIR pilots enjoy a better quality of life, a host of benefits, the ability to fly the newest and best-kept jet fleet in private air travel, lucrative opportunities to upgrade in airframe type and/or into management positions, and limitless potential for additional compensation. Making it to the NICHOLAS AIR flight line requires you to meet a very stringent set of quality standards, with less than 5% of candidate applications being selected.
NICHOLAS AIR Pilots
NICHOLAS AIR offers industry-competitive compensation based on the aircraft type, your qualifications, and schedule selected. There is no waiting period as your full salary begins upon your hire date. In addition to the annual salary, flight hour bonuses are available for every 1,000-hours flown.
Pilot Salaries & Perks
- Competitive Pay & Advancement
- Full Salary Begins Upon Hire
- Base Salary Raises Every 400 Hours
- Bonuses Every 1,000 Hours Flown: $10K for 1,000 Hours Flown, $20K for 2,000 Hours Flown, $30K for 3,000 Hours, Etc.
- Off-Day Guaranteed Pay
- Keep Your Airline, Rental Car, & Hotel Points for Your Personal Use
Advantages & Benefits
- Home Based With 15/13 Or 8/6 Set Schedule
- Potential Upgrade To Captain Within 12 Months
- Average Fleet Age Of 5 Years
- Open Door Policy To Management
- Exclusive Membership Base Of Clientele Means A Better Experience For Everyone
- Largest Solely Owned Private Air Travel Company In The United States
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Meal Allowance Up To $65 Per Day
- CTP Reimbursement & KCM Badges Provided
- Unique Pilot Uniforms
- Known Crewmember Participant
Your qualifications, prior experience, and preferred schedule will determine which of the 5 different airframes you are considered for, as well as which base salary tier you may be offered. The exclusively owned and operated NICHOLAS AIR fleet has an average age of under 5 years and includes:
- Phenom 100
- Phenom 300
- Citation CJ3+
- Citation Latitude
- Challenger 350
Flexible Pilot Schedules
At NICHOLAS AIR, we provide flexible options to choose a schedule that works best for you and your family. Current qualifications and prior experience help determine which aircraft and tier program will be the best fit for you. We understand life happens and schedule changes are necessary. We give you the flexibility and freedom to switch schedules as needed to fit your personal preference. Travel to and from duty takes place on the first and last day of rotation.
You’re a Name, Not a Number
NICHOLAS AIR takes incredible measures to maintain our world-class culture of extraordinary customer service. Pilots are the face of our company and an integral part of our services and they are supported by an experienced leadership team, not just hired hands. Our motto, “You’re a Name, Not a Number” is important to us, as it enables our employees to be part of a team and not a union.
Our performance-based incentives allow you to control your own career for growth and advancement. If you are selected to become part of the NICHOLAS AIR Team, you will enjoy our strong commitment to running a sustainable business model that, for over 25 years, has afforded our employees job security no matter the economic climate, ensuring Flight Crews have never been subject to pay-cuts or furloughs.
Our Mission Statement
“To provide a highly personalized and unique private air travel experience. Making a difference in the lives of our Members by maintaining the highest safety and quality standards.”
Our pilots strive for excellence, professionalism, and attention to detail. These qualities set the standard in our industry. A strong work ethic flexibility, proficiency, and precision are all prerequisites for a successful career with NICHOLAS AIR.
The following is a list of preferred characteristics for an ideal candidate:
- Exude the highest level of customer service with emphasis on exceeding Member expectations
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for the company
- Flexible to fluctuating flight schedules
- Team player displaying the utmost respect for fellow team members
- Proactively strive for maximum efficiency and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to SAFETY
Safety First. Always.
All pilots are employed by NICHOLAS AIR and must hold a Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot License depending upon aircraft assignment. Flight crews are provided bi-annual simulator training at approved training centers. NICHOLAS AIR has operated accident-free since inception and holds ARGUS Platinum and IS-BAO safety ratings.